[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix only booting after pressing Esc

  • From: root <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:24:16 +0100

In message <79db3d934e.Andrew Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4ab522934e.root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           root <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello All
> >
> > It started this morning.
> >
> > I tried booting the Iyonix up, and after the lights came on on the front
> > panel there was no system beep.
> >
> > I discovered after fiddling that hitting the Escape key allowed it to
> > boot to desktop. However the ROM Iconbar module is then unplugged, and
> > hence a number of applications will not load (the error given is that
> > Iconbar is not 32bit compatible).
> >
> > Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I have a workaround of a rmreinit
> > obey file for the Iconbar module in predesk to allow a boot after
> > hitting Esc but would like to find the root cause,
> >
> Is this happening consistently or is it intermittent?  Do you also get
> random freezes?  I assume that you have all the hardware mods so I can
> only suggest what helped me with freezes - try turning up the heating
> :-)
Consistent. Even when the underfloor heating has been on.

I have been trying to back up parts of the hard disk as I am getting
Disc error 13 when trying to read (the original HD) although DiscKnight
reports the disc as good. Also the USB system seems to be becoming
unstable. So far networking is OK.

Dodgy hard disc new PSU? Suggestions welcome.
Regards
Stan

--
Stan Williams &