[iyonix-support] Ambiguous disc name with pen drive

  • From: Jeremy Brayshaw <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:51:46 +0100

Hi all!

I have a problem with a pen drive on my Iyonix. It is recognised
without problem when plugged in for the first time (after a power-up
of the Iyo). All save/read actions work perfectly!

But if I dismount it on the Iyo, move it to the Mac (or Windross),
then back to the Iyo, it reports "Ambiguous disc name" when trying to
open it.

I'm always careful to make sure I dismount the pen drive before I
unplug it, but it seems this action is failing to 'forget' the disc
name.

It's fine if I just dismount and remove the pen drive, then put it
back in the Iyo, but if it's been to the Mac the error occurs. The Mac
seems to automatically write a few silly files to it as soon as it
sees it (things like 'ignore_my_docs') but surely dismounting from the
Iyo first should erase all record of it in the Iyo, so if it's
re-plugged in - even with these new files on - it should treat it as a
disc it's not seen before? Isn't this one of the purposes of
'dismount'?

RO 5.11
USB 2
All Iyo upgrades applied