[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:34:23 -0800

Except that if I ³own² that box, the one on the internal network, then all
my down-range attacks are sourced from that server, and thus, ARE PART OF
the IPSec policy.  You¹ve just made it even harder to detect what I¹m up to.

On 1/10/07 8:14 PM, "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:

> If IPSe4 restrictions are deployed in the domain, you can do the same thing
> without separating the host from the domain via firewalls.
> Since IPSec policies can be handled via GPO, manglement becomes easier.
> The whole point using ISA to separate the Inet-facing host from the Inet is
> that the attack surface is reduced to only that traffic that ISA will allow to
> the Inet-facing host.  To me, this is lesser-priv than trying to mitigate the
> results of traffic the Inet-facing host should never have seen in the first
> place.

>>> ead/thread/4ecab9cb8e50015e/4db165c21599cf9b?lnk=st&q=cas+dmz+isa&rnum=2&hl=