[isapros] Configuring Direct Access in ISA 2004 SP2

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:27:08 +0200

Hey guys,

we all know that ISA Server 2004 SP2 makes some changes to the way that
destinations specified for direct access are handled. What *exactly* has
changed is described in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;903746.

In February 2006, I made a PSS call to fix that issue and received a private
fix. The 'trick' was a modified wpad.dat script that allows the use of URL's
to specify direct access (e.g. '*.microsoft.com/*') without breaking the
changes introduced in SP2 for the branch office scenario's. Unfortunately,
the private fix was broken by http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=916106.

According to last post (Sunday, June 18, 2006 3:56 AM) at
https://blogs.technet.com/isablog/archive/2006/02/27/420653.aspx there is a
fix for the Direct Access issue, which you can get by calling Product
Support and requesting the fix for KB 920716. On July 5, 2006 the KB was
released with the title "Description of the ISA Server 2004 hotfix package:
June 6, 2006"
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;920716). However, I
can't find any reference to the Direct Access issue!

Has any body some more info about it?

Thanks,
Stefaan