RE: yahoo radio (win media) playing on isa clients

  • From: Ben Schorr <bms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:11:50 -1000

This may seem like an obvious question but are you sure you haven't muted
Windows Media Player?  There is a little speaker icon to the left of the
volume slider and you might try clicking that (it's a toggle) to see if you
suddenly get sound.  I frequently mute that (I have a radio station on it
during the day) when talking on the phone or even when doing something else
that requires PC sounds.  That mute button only affects Windows Media Player
so Real would still have sound even if WMP was muted.

Just a thought.

Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3