RE: yahoo radio (win media) playing on isa clients

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT5)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:57:53 -0500

Using ISA in cache or firewall mode?

If you're tunneling win media streams through http and have virus scanners
set up in between, the virus scanner may be buffering the streams until it
has all of the data and can scan it for viruses.  Win media streams come
across as mime type application/octet-stream which virus scanners that scan
based on mime type should be set up to scan (same type as executable and
binary files).  Real Player uses proprietary audio/ and video/ mime types
which a lot of virus scanner servers that scan based on mime type ignore.
Also, if you have content rules based on application/octet-stream you might
want to look at those.

-Shawn