publishing IIS site on the same box as ISA - Tried everything but no luck

  • From: "Rafael" <rafaelb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:53:21 -0600

Ladies and Gents

If anyone could help I would be forever in your debt. All jokes aside this
is giving me a huge head ache.

I?m having problems publishing my web site living on my isa box. I have
read and completed numerous steps but I haven?t had any luck.

My IIS server is running on Port 8055

My Incoming Web Requests has been set to the external IP TCP port to 80
and SSL 443

I?ve created a destination set referencing my external IP (I?m using a
cable modem with no registered domain name)

I?ve created a Packet Filter with TCP outbound Dynamic Remote port Fixed
port 80

I?ve Setup a web publishing rule with a destination included (External IP
Address) Action Redirect to the internal IP address modifying the HTTP
port to that of the IIS server 8055

Using netstat it looks like the port is open (replaced my last octal with
x)

UDP    211.28.65.x:88       *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:123      *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:389      *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:464      *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:500      *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:1718     *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:1719     *:*
UDP    211.28.65.x:7396     *:*
TCP    211.28.65.x:80       0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
TCP    211.28.65.x:3964     203.208.229.x:443     TIME_WAIT
TCP    211.28.65.x:3968     203.208.229.x:443     ESTABLISHED
TCP    211.28.65.x:7147     0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

Running network monitor it seems that the external nic gets the request
and it seem that it tries to send the data back !

Access the web site from the a machine on the internal network and
referencing the external NIC I get the web site !  http:// 211.28.65.x

Trying to access the web site from outside I cant get to the web site

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP HELP HELP