Web proxy or Firewall Client (to be or not to be)

  • From: "Lesky Alfonso M." <leskyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAList" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:02:41 -0500

Hi, thanks for your time.

Web Proxy Clients appears as Firewall Clients!!!???

1. I have ISA Server (SP1) installed on a w2k.
2. The objects of the ISA are in the Active Directory
Schema.
3. There are Two NICs on the ISA Server PC.

When I configure a rule for FTP Access "Applied to any
request o to a group of IPs" everything is ok, but when I
Applie this rule to a especific group of users there is no
access and the Clients appears to be Firewall clients.
Some days ago I installed a computer with W95, IE 3.01 and
while nobody got access to FTP sites aoutside my network
that PC got it, I updated IE to version 4.0 and everything
OK, but que updated to IE 5.0, the situation was the same
for this PC too. When I install firewall client software
on workstatios no more problen with FTP access, but I
think taht is not the solution. This situation is diferent
with HTTP, I separate the rules (one for FTP & one for
HTTP) and I am applying the rule to the especific group of
users without problems.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks for your time, again.

Saludos,