RE: Web proxy or Firewall Client (to be or not to be)

  • From: "Lesky Alfonso M." <leskyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:05:20 -0500

Hi, Tom

It seems to be a problem related to the authentication, I have been
reading about it.
this is from the ISA Server Help (isa.chm)

Theme: 'HTTP redirector filter'

"When the HTTP redirector filter passes a request from a Firewall client
to the Web Proxy service, the client's authentication information is
lost. Therefore, when the HTTP redirector filter is enabled and
configured to redirect to the Web Proxy service, requests from Firewall
client is handled as unauthenticated. If unauthenticated access is not
allowed, such requests will be denied"

Remember when I said that if I configure the Rule to allow access to any
request or by IPs the problem dessapears?

By the way your articles at www.isaserver.org are very interesting.

Thanks again Thomas.

Saludos,

Lesky Alfonso M.