Re: Think outside the GUI challenge #1

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:19:16 -0800

Put a rest too?  Not remotely!!  The first paragraph states:
"Compared to the traditional voiceband modem, DSL technology uses much
wider bandwidth."  It is a Sept 2001 article - show me something pre-1963.
Anything!

It's "traditional" because that's what the original one was.  You got
nuttin!!  And nobody ever disputed "modulation."  The term is "modem."

So to REALLY put a rest to this, how about answer my original question:
"Are you saying that a DSL Ethernet Bridge connects to the PSTN network and
transmits data via the PSTN the same way that a Hayes modem does?"

If you say "no," which is the right answer, I win.  If you say "yes," then
you are delusional, and I win.

Whadda ya say, Pops?

I'm calling for a community vote!

-----