RE: Something ISA Server can't fix

I've got a facility in Baltimore, and we use Atlantech DSL (I see you are in
DC, maybe they service you)... The startup costs were a bit high, but the
service is excellent.  The monthly is pretty cheap to- I think it is
something like $130 for SDSL 720k or something.  You should check them out
on DSLReports.com

The circuit rocks too- I'm consistently under 70ms; good enough to run voice
over IP.
AD

----- Original Message -----
From: "JB Fields" <jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:14 PM
Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix


> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> A part of me figures this has to make sense with stuff like Code Red
running
> around, but yes!  I don't want to ask about the price of a business
account!
>
> JB Fields, A+, MCP+I, MCSE, MCT, CTT
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Washington, DC
>
>
>
> From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:55:52 -0500
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> Hi JB,
>
> I suspect the large ISPs will all be moving to this model where they
> don't allow any unsolicited inbound to user subnets. The only way you'll
> be able to publish servers is by getting a "business" account.
>
> The Internet just isn't as much fun as it used to be :-(
>
> Tom
> www.isaserver.org/shinder
>
>
> Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE, MCT
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: JB Fields [mailto:jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:52 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> Yep, I've been robbed.  Port 12345 doesn't work, either.
>
> I'll turn off the DSL and move to a place that has cable modems.  Wanna
> bet
> that I don't do much business with Verizon in the future?
>
> JB Fields, A+, MCP+I, MCSE, MCT, CTT
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Washington, DC
>
>
>
> From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:34:23 -0500
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> Hi JB,
>
> That's pretty scary. If they've blocked PING and 80, maybe they are
> using dynamic packet filting so that only response ports are available
> to their networks. That mean no unsolicited INCOMING packets.
>
> OUCH!
>
> Try this: Turn off packet filtering, and then change the WWW service
> port to 81 or 101 or something like that. Then see if you can browse the
> web site on the ISA Server itself.
>
> HTH,
> Tom
> www.isaserver.org/shinder
>
>
> Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE, MCT
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: JB Fields [mailto:jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:32 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Cc: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> Neither works.  You can't get to www.jbfields3.com because Verizon
> "capped"
> port 80, as the technical support person said it.
>
> JB Fields, A+, MCP+I, MCSE, MCT, CTT
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Washington, DC
>
>
>
> From: "Sandy. Ryan" <sryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [isalist] RE: Something ISA Server can't fix
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:29:04 -0600
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
>
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> Surprisingly enough - its the Ip address.
> I had a similar problem - ended up calling Microsoft - the configuration
> was fine --
> it was the silly IP --- you MUST use a FQDN to make ISA work - if not
> you are hosed.
> Sandy
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: JB Fields
> Sent: Thu 8/30/2001 8:24 PM
> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
> Cc:
> Subject: [isalist] Something ISA Server can't fix
>
>
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
>
> I've been very embarrassed, over the last few weeks, that I
> could not get my
> web publishing to work on my home site.  As we were in the
> middle of the
> Code Red stuff, I was pretty philosophical about it.  Tonight, I
> got down to
> business and went through everything with a fine tooth comb.
> Things didn't
> get better.
>
> I went to www.isaserver.org and went through the documents on
> web publishing
> a step at a time.  No help.
>
> DNS wasn't an issue because I was doing the http://ip_address
> approach.
>
> Finally, something told me to ping my address from the
> Internet... nothing!
> It turns out that Verizon has curtailed our ability to access
> our servers
> attached to their DSL lines.  I can get to the Internet, but
> people on the
> Internet can no longer get to me.
>
> JB Fields, A+, MCP+I, MCSE, MCT, CTT
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Washington, DC
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
> http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion
> List as: sryan@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> << winmail.dat >>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
> http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
> http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
> jbfields3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org Discussion List as:
thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')


Other related posts: