[isalist] Re: Slightly OT Again:HP ProLiant DL320 Firewall/VPN/Cache Server setup DNS problem

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:25:22 -0500

Hi Barbara,

You didn't do bad, but the caching only DNS server isn't absolutely
required. Its a nice security enhancement, but start with the basics
first and let you internal DNS server perform recursion or configure it
to use your ISP's DNS server as a forwarder.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
MVP -- ISA Firewalls