RE: SSL Bridging and ISA Certificate

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:58:39 -0500

Hi Mustafa,

You only need to bind the certificate to the Web listener. The cert on
the bridging tab is used for user certificate authentication so that the
Web Proxy service can authenticate with the Web site. However, must OWA
Web sites do not require user cert auth, just machine auth, although I
use it for high sec environments with ISA firewall in packet filter only
(like PIX) protected environment, since I figure the packet filter
provides almost no useful sec for my applications.

If you're using only ISA firewalls, then you don't even need to consider
this option.

Thanks!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder