RE: SMTP

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:47:57 -0500

My first suggestion would be this, look at how you have your DNS services
setup, is it a split DNS service? From your most forward Mail server due the
following, run the NSLookup utility and set your type to "MX" type in one of
the remote domains which you are attempting to send mail to and see if
Your DNS service is able to resolve the correct MX server for that name
space, once you verified your DNS service and if that is working correctly
you can move on to deeper configuration requirements inside your mail
service. Perform your diagnostics one step at a time and verify that all the
necessary services are configured and working correctly.

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.

Glenn