RE: SBS prem with Dialup fixed IP + cable BB with dynamic IP ???

  • From: "Glenn" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:11:06 -0700

I wish them "best of luck".

After another discussion with this fellow this morning, and him stating
quite clearly, I've allowed, and I am only paying  for the following;
30 minutes to remove the server at the old office.
30 minutes to drive to the new office.
1 hour to install the server put the modem card in and get it all working.

When I said, the install + config is going to take longer then 1hr.  I was
accused of "Attempting to rip him off", as the ISP told me "peice of cake"
to configure, he claimed 1hr was ample time.

I said "Thanks, but No thanks, I suggest you find someone else".

His reply was un-printable.

I never cease to be amazed by the problems small businesses make for them
selves. I worked out this morning, that the dial-up with fixed IP +
dynamic cable, would work out to $29 / month cheeper then a no data limit
512/512 ADSL with a fixed IP. The initial setup cost of the ADSL 512/512 +
an ADSL modem, would be $31 more than the the setup for the Dialup + cable
service.

Unbelievable that they are skimping at this level....