REPOST: still trying to get FTP server working behind ISA

  • From: "Pat Dalberg" <pdalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:19:01 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am reposting this request because no-one responded to my original query.
Please help out if you can.

I am still trying to get an FTP server (MS FTP with IIS 5 on Win2K server)
working behind ISA. Here is some info regarding our network: We have a T1,
which connects to the ISA machine on one NIC [66.64.ISA.T1]*, another NIC is
for our friends downstairs that we share the T1 with
[192.168.friends.downstairs], and yet another NIC on the ISA machine is for
our LAN [192.168.our office]. The FTP server is on a separate machine
[192.168.our.server], and is reachable via our lan (I am able to connect to
the FTP server with both MS command-line FTP and WS_FTP by the
192.168.our.server IP addr.)

The ISA server has the following set up on it:
Access Policy:
        Protocol Rules
                FTP
                (Action)allow
                (Protocols)FTP,FTP Download Only, FTP Server
                (schedule)24-7
                (Applies to)Any request

        IP Packet Filters
1.              [FTP Server - Inbound]
                        (Filter type)
                                Custom
                                IP Protocol: TCP
                                Direction: Inbound
                                Local Port: Fixed Port
                                Local Port Number: 21
                                Remote Port: All Ports
                        (Local computer)
                                This computer on perimeter network:
192.168.our.server
                        (Remote computers)
                                All remote computers

2.              [FTP Server - Outbound]
                        (Filter Type)
                                Custom
                                IP Protocol: TCP
                                Direction: Outbound
                                Local Port: Fixed Port
                                Local Port Number: 20
                                Remote Port: All Ports
                        (Local computer)
                                This ISA servers external address: 66.64.ISA.T1
                        (Remote computer)
                                This remote computer: 192.168.our.server

3.              [FTP Server - PASV]
                        (Filter type)
                                Custom
                                IP Protocol: TCP
                                Direction: Both
                                Local Port: Dynamic
                                Remote Ports: All Ports

        Publishing
                Server Publishing Rules
                        [ourFTP]
                                (Action)
                                        IP address of internal server:
192.168.our.server
                                        External IP address on ISA server:
66.64.ISA.T1
                                        Mapped server protocol: FTP Server
                                (Applies to)
                                        Any request

        Policy Elements
                Destination Sets
                        [ourFTP]
                                (Destinations)
                                        66.64.ISA.T1

*IP addresses obfuscated - I don't know everyone who is reading this list
>;-)

Have I ommited anything, do I have an incorrect  setting?

Regards and TIA,

Pat Dalberg