RE: Q: Cannot access published web server from inte rnal network

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:58:05 +1000

Hi Jim,

I think what Andrew is attempting is as follows (I can see his logic,
and wouldn't mind replicating :)

+ External user connects to http://my.web.site
  - Resolves to ISA external IP address
  - ISA proxies the request, and passes data back to external user

He wants to do the same, except substituting external with internal,
giving one url for one address - it seems logical to do it this way, as
you don't have to manage two DNS servers, and attempt to keep the
mappings current and up to date.