Re: Publishing a virtual SMTP server

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:55:31 -0700

Hi Marvin,
I just went though this.

1.  Make sure that the smtp message screener is active on the ISA server.
2.  Use the publish wizard for exchange and point to your SMTP relay machine
3.  run deconcfg.exe and setup the vendor specific parameters.  You can find
how to
    do this on isaserver.org

4.  On the SMTP relay machine install the message screener. You do this by
     the ISA cd rom.  To find actual instructions look out on isaserver.org

5.  Run the smtpcred.exe tool.  This helps create the link from your SMTP relay
machine and ISA.
6.  Make sure that when you add the domains *.domain.com to point to your nic
card on the ISA machine

Joseph