Publishing a virtual SMTP server

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 18:28:15 -0400

I need a confirmation:

I have a postnuke site on my web server that I need to be able to send
mail from. The web server's already published in ISA and the site's
accessible externally. I've installed the SMTP component on the web
server and I configured it to use its internal IP. I've also created a
Protocol definition with the following settings:

Filter Type

Custom Filter

IP Protocol: TCP

Direction: Both

Local Port: All ports

Remote Port: Fixed

Remote Port Number: 25

Local Computer: external IP of ISA server

Remote Computer: Internal IP of web server

I have SMTP configured to relay for my internal exchange server and need
to know how do I configure or publish this SMTP server in ISA? I have my
external zone files pointing to mail.mydomain.com which is the same
static IP that points to one of my other sites.

Sorry for the confusion but any responses are appreciated.

Thanks