Re: Publishing Q

  • From: "Mike Carlson" <domitianx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:40:28 -0600

I think I am just about done beating this horse but I do have a couple more
questions.

What am I losing by using Server Publishing to publish a website instead of
Web Publishing?

Do I need an internal DNS zone for every domain I host inside the ISA box
with Server Publishing? The only way I could get www.domain2.com to work was
to create a domain2.com zone on my internal DNS servers. I am assuming that
Server Publishing is like basic port forwarding.

I want to get the actual client information in my logs and I dont want to
have to create a zone for every domain I want to host. I am thinking server
publishing is what I want, but I not 100% clear on what exactly is the
difference.

Thanks,
~!M