- Monthly Article Update

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAlist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:32:19 +0100 - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to last month:

Title: Configuring ISA Server for Incoming Ping Responses -- By Dieter Rauscher
requests? You generally don't want to allow inbound ping, but it is useful for
testing purposes. Dieter Rauscher shows you how to get ping working on the
external interface in this article.

Title: Chat Transcript -- May 29 2003
Very good conversation and some info on publishing Exchange RPC, just in case
you've been having problems with it!

Title: Joining Private Networks over the Internet: Back to Back ISA Server DMZs
on Both Sides, Part 2
where both sides are using a back to back DMZ configuration, we discussed the
basic principles of the design and went through the details of the network
configuration and setting up the connection between the external ISA Server
firewall VPN gateways. In this article we?ll continue where we left off.

Title: - New Network Software Directory Launched
href=''></a>, a directory of server
based software for your Windows 2000/NT & .NET network. A no frills site that
gives administrators and decision makers just what they need - reliable
software listings in over 75 categories including "Intrusion Detection",
"Security Scanners" and "Network Auditing". You'll be able to read about other
user's experiences with the software listed or you can post your own comments.
The site will be continuously updated with new listings so make
your first stop when you need to find a software solution that's right for your

Title: Installing ISA Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003
officially supported on Windows Server 2003, we can get to the business of
testing out ISA Server on Windows Server 2003 machines. There are many
compelling reasons to run ISA Server on a Windows Server 2003 machine. Check
out the article to find out what they are!

Title: Chat Transcript for May 13 2003
check it out!

Title: How to use Kazaa P2P file sharing behind an ISA server - By Greg
sharing programs. Kazaa is one of the most popular ones around with the widest
network. Therefore, I have decided to take a time out and jot down some
guidelines on how to get this running.

Title: Using ISA Server with Starband / BT Openworld 2-way (Gilat-based)
Satellite Connection - By Marcus Toovey
Server to work with a Starband (and other Gilat based 2 way satellite internet
connection). I thought that as I am using the connection it was time to set up
ISA Server on the gateway PC running the Starband software and see whether it
could be made to work.

Title: Chat Transcript for May 8 2003
Hope to see you next week!

Title: Firewall Fault Tolerance: Windows 2000 NLB versus RainWall
be up, mail servers need to be up, Web servers need to be up and database
servers need to be up. All these servers need to be up and doing their jobs
around the clock. These days the life?s blood of your business is your Internet
connection, which means you also need your firewall to be fault tolerant. But
is NLB enough or do you need something beefier to do the heavy lifting? Find
out here!

Title: Announces Weekly Chats
inside for details.

Title: NLB vs. RainWall High Availability for ISA Server
and load balancing is great, but how best to achieve it? Enter to find out!

Title: Joining Private Networks over the Internet: Back to Back ISA Server DMZs
on Both Sides, Part 1
have two ISA Servers at each site in a back to back private address DMZ. You
create the first gateway to gateway link between the external ISA Servers, and
then create the second gateway to gateway link between the internal ISA Server
inside the first tunnel between the external ISA Servers. Want to know how to
do it? Come inside!

Visit the Subscription Management (
section to unsubscribe. is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © 2003. All rights reserved.