ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAlist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:02:44 +0100

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Get Up and Running with ISA Server 2004 Beta 2
Author: Thomas Shinder
ISA Server 2004 beta 2 was released to the public. Yes, that?s right, beta 2.
Earlier betas were done in a private beta testing group, so that you wouldn?t
be exposed to problems you usually see in beta 1 releases. The good news is
that the beta 2 version has been out for a few weeks already, and it?s pretty
reliable and just about all the features work how they say they do. Check out
this article for your first look at ISA2004. We'll help you get started with
the complete step by step you need.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1184

Title: Introducing the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployment Kit
Author: Thomas Shinder
university network? Do bandwidth issues, junior hackers in training and access
control issues have you at your wit's end? ISA Server 2000 may be just what the
Doctor ordered! Check out the latest in our series of ISA Server 2000
Deployment Kits to see how you can use ISA Server 2000 firewalls and Web Proxy
servers to help reduce bandwidth demands on your Internet link and assist with
your inbound and outbound access issues.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1183

Title: Vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server
2000 H.323 Filter Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Author: Thomas Shinder
Server 2000. We recommend that all ISA Server 2000 administrators install this
patch immedidately. See the article for more information.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1181

Title: ISA Server 2000 Deployment Kits Survey: Win a Copy of ISA Server and
Beyond and a Free Hour of ISA Consultation
Author: Thomas Shinder
One of the biggest additions to the ISAServer.org bevy of articles and
tutorials have been the ISA Server 2000 Deployment Kit series. In the last six
months we?ve released comprehensive, step by step, highly graphical and easy to
read and use deployment kits on a number of popular ISA Server 2000 deployment
scenarios. We want your input on how to make them better. Complete the 30
second survey and you'll get a chance to win!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1179

Title: Configuring ISA Server 2000 to Support Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP - Part
4: Reviewing and Customizing the Web Publishing Rule
Author: Thomas Shinder
discussing the Windows Server 2003 and ISA Server 2000 installation procedures.
We then imported the Web site certificate into the ISA Server 2000 firewall?s
machine certificate store. We ended up part three of this series by creating
the an OWA publishing rule, which we?ll modify to support RPC over HTTP
publishing.In this, part 4 and the final article in the series regarding how to
configure the firewall and network infrastructure to support inbound RPC over
HTTP connections, we?ll cover the following topics: Review the settings on the
Incoming Web Requests listener, Install the URLScan filter on the ISA Server
2000 machine and Warning regarding client certificate authentication.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1178

Title: Configuring ISA Server 2000 to Support Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP - Part
3: Binding the Web Site Certificate and Creating the RPC over HTTP Publishing
Rule
Author: Thomas Shinder
discussing the Windows Server 2003 and ISA Server 2000 installation procedures.
We'll then import the Web site certificate into the ISA Server 2000 firewall?s
machine certificate store. Then we'll end up today?s session by creating the an
OWA publishing rule, which we will subsequently modify to support RPC over HTTP
publishing. Come on by and join the fun. We're almost done!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1177

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2003. All rights reserved.