[isalist] ISA 2004 auto configuration issues

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:38:24 -0400

I have an ISA 2004 Ent array, configured to publish auto configuration
information on port 80. Latest service packs applied. ISA server is
configured to allow access only to a specific Windows group of users.
Everything works fine from any workstation that is a member of the same
AD domain, auto detection works IE works fine, and the ISA FW client
detects the ISA Server 2004. But the problem occurs when a visitor whose
laptop belongs to different AD domain plugs into our network. When the
laptop is plugged into our network, the ISA 2004 FW client in the laptop
does not detect the proxy, neither does the IE browser. If I manually
configure the proxy for the IE, then it works, but ISA FW client doesn't
work even if the ISA server is manually configured. I enabled anonymous
access privileges for the IP address of the laptop, and still no use,
auto configuration does not work. I found the following article,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885683/

Made the changes as suggested for the enterprise edition, restarted the
Firewall services. Still no good. Any suggestions? All clients are
Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raj Periyasamy