Re: ISA 2004

  • From: Seán <pne1881@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:48:06 +0000 (GMT)

Jim Harrison wrote:
>What did you expect it to do?

I expected that after applying the single NIC template, ISA 2004 would
then work as a caching-only server as per the MS Getting Started
Guide...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/plan/gettingstarted_3.mspx#EAAA

I'm confused as to why the template didn't take. As you wrote Jim, in
response to a post from me on 4th Nov on this list:
>Use the "single network adapter" template and move along smartly.

...so I expected no pain! But no such luck.

Has anyone had problems with these templates before?

I couldn't apply the single NIC template becausde the wizard never
reached the its conclusion...the "Finish" button stayed grayed out. But
no "hang", nothing in the Event Log. Strange.

Anyhoo, I resorted to manual configuration and I learned a lot from it
("every cloud"... etc.)

josephk wrote:
>Also, as a best practice after you install ISA without templates save
>all the system policy and=20
>Default rules, this creates a backup of items that can be quickly
>restored before you begin the
>Process of creating rules and such.

Good point Joseph - and that's one trick I didn't miss! ;=)

- Seán Carr

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com