Re: DNS and AD on same machine

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:18:36 -0700

Hiya Tom..

    I wasn't trying to make comparative statements (although I seem to have
succeeded), just that my observations have been when the OS creators suggest
a platform as minimum, it's for a reason.  I've had more problems in "less
than ideal" configurations that I've solved by "beefing up the machine" than
I can count (ok, so I only get to 20.5).
    I've been able to run W2K server on an AMD K6 266 with 128MB, but it
wasn't reliable.

..maybe I'm a hardware snob?  ;-)

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG