DNS and AD on same machine

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:11:26 -0700

I've been reading though postings to the list about the pro's and con's of
having DNS on the AD machine.  I have several questions.

1.  Machine wise what is a good configuration i.e. P166 with 96MB  with minimal
hits. Would this be a good system
     to use for testing etc.

2.  If you DNS server is in the DMZ  is it still possible to AD enable DNS so
as not to comprimise the internal network?

3.  Is it better to use ROUTE -P ADD x.x.x.1 MASK x.x.x.0 x.x.x.x rather then
use packet filters within the ISA machine?

4.  Is it best to place your WEB and SQL servers in the DMZ.

Thank you,

Joseph