Re: DNS and AD on same machine

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:56:38 -0700

From looking at the boards, I noticed different people posting and asking
questions then the email solution.
And, I wasn't receiving replies to my questions...So, I thought I would ask
the same question and combine the best of the answers! <grin>

However, I had my P166 with 96MB running great with W2K and enterprise ISA.
When I loaded W2K svc pack #2 is when the network
cards just stopped working.  I've not gone any further in my investigations
as to why they quit. That is what really prompted my quesitons about the 166
in the first place.  I'll post what I find when I put that machine on my
test bench (small network)

All the answers have been great! I think I'll use  DNS/AD in the back
configuration and DNS as a secondary in public side of things. I think that
the DMZ would be good if I was running a pretty big site and need to control
access to the internal network.  At some point in the future it looks like
it will be an easy thing to do with information I've found via the
newsgroups and email list.  Most likely I'll try both just to see the
differences.

As far as a Rock....It's "Hot Import Night In Seattle"  I must attend to see
what other toys beside my p166 I can't have! <grin>

I'll keep you all posted with my results.

Joseph