Re: DMZ and Ping

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:13:18 -0700

Jim,

The LAT contains only the very internal ip address that I set up.

After doing some more reading, I finally added a host file to my web
machine that points to the external interface of my internal ISA server
machine.
I then created a protocol definition 1433 TCP Inbound with secondary
connections for
1024 -65534 Outbound
1433 TCP Outbound
1434 UDP Send
1434 UDP Receive

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adminsq
l/ad_1_server_1zuc.asp
I also looked at KB article Q287932 for additional information.

I set my SQL machine to be integrated security which seems to work great
with this setup.

Once I had the hosts file in place I was able to create a systems DSN
that I was able to use to connect to the sql machine on the internal
network.
After changing a few web pages and the global.asa and global.asax files
things were working great!

Your answer gave me the additional food for thought!

Thank you,

Joseph