Re: Back to Back DMZ Testing

  • From: "Jay Schwarzkopf" <jschwarzkopf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:50:18 -0400

I've only done sonicwall and pix VPNs (with ISA servers being the internal
firewall).  If you do have back to back, you might want to consider using
different firewalls, so if hacker can compromise vulnerability in one, must
still find vulnerability in other.

In any case, you can do VPN gateway (mall) to gateway (external ISA), and
then publish AD, LDAP, DNS, etc on your internal ISA.  You might also be
able to pass the VPN through the external and do gateway (mall) to gateway
(internal ISA). But then I believe you will be limited to PPTP.