RE: Accessing Port 81?

  • From: Alexandre Gauthier <gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:07:11 -0500

Call me crazy and rambling if this makes no sense, but I recall that there
was a restriction on the destination port used for http connections the
first time I installed ISA ever. There is a strong possibility that this
applied only to SSL connections (https) but I do recall trying to access a
webmin server on port 10000 via https and I was graced with a message saying
I was trying to HTTP on a non-standard port and that ISA would not stand for
that crap.

The fix I found involved editing the registry, that's all I remember.

It is probably irrelevant to the current situation, but maybe this will ring
a bell in someone's head?

  _____