[interact_list] sabrina's dissertation theme and tax-heaven and orgs, movements

  • From: Akio Fujita <A.Fujita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interact_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:54:37 +0100

I think this can be most of the people's interest )what?
Ben surely goes -
Tom - well, can be
Rob - it's better to know

it's about informal sector and 'formality' of economy
and politics

view through them when you have a time,
there are some neat resources in here.

A.

For 'Tax Haven' Issues+++++++++++++

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/newsjje.asp

There can be more other sites of this type,
but this one by so far seems not bad -
may worth to be remembered.

We can map actros like,

ATTAC,
IMF, OECD
JFSC/FSC,

While you are back in Jersey, if you can identify

personnels and families traditionally involved in
those finance secotors and political/island planning sectors,

and get 'rumours' and stories, I think that could be very useful too.
It's a small place, so it would be easy to collect all those
'inside' stories.

---about ATTAC and protesters

Jersey Raises The Drawbridge Against Anti-Globalisation Protesters,
by Jeremy Hetherington-Gore, Tax-News.com, London 25/05/2001
(it's on the tax-news site)

---about IMF, OECD and other concerned institutions and Jersey's
JFSC/FSC response

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,5-127093,00.html

The Times, 'Jersey's days as a tax haven coming to an end'.
Thurs, May 10, 2001, James Doran,

[OECD's pressure, narcotics monitoring, FSC/JFSC (Jersey Financial
Services Commission)]

Jersey Wins More Praise For Its Anti-Money Laundering Regime,
by Robert Lee, Tax-news.com, London 12 April 2001

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/story/story.asp?storyname=3085

 05/04/2001 IMF Survey On Financial Markets Pulls In Offshore
Participants, Robert Lee, Tax-news.com, London

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/story/story.asp?storyname=2991

Seems ATTAC (ATTAC/France) is well known organisation
in the arena - so it's a kind of shame being 'never-heard-of'
(to myself) - it should be equally well known as Tranparency
Internantional...why it's not so famous?...

these things are basically Ben(Bernard)'s interest too.

http://attac.org/
http://attac.org/indexen.htm

go to google.com and just type 'attac france'
and then, a bunch of information. (Mostly in French.)

I tried 'link trace' to check who is putting 'link'
to attac's website

(type: ' link:http://www.attac.org/ ' into google)

and

http://www.worldsocialforum.org/