[ineptgolfers] Re: Mail List

  • From: P Declan O'Riordan <declanor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ineptgolfers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ineptgolfers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:07:32 -0400

It seems that my previous reply, sent yesterday, may not have got through, so I
am repeating it here:
"I have no problem with using this list to communicate with our (RB) officers
and even those of the officers that will also be NVRMGA officers next year,
although we may want to separate the two unless there is close to 100% overlap.
However, as you know, the NVRMGA has for some years used Google group lists for
broadcasting league matters to the club officers. We will need to decide how
that should be continued."
But, in answer to John's questions below, I don't believe we have a set of
officers for RBRMGA 2015 yet, since we haven't held our fall meeting. As for
the NVRMGA officers, if you mean all the NVRMGA club officers, we won't know
those names until after the fall meeting and they are currently in a Google
groups list anyway, as they have been for a few years. I think we need good
reason to go away from Google groups for these lists - there may be more than
one, e.g. one for President's messages to appropriate representatives in each
club and another for the scorekeeper's weekly distribution of scores. We need
to talk to the MV folks about how it has been done. If you mean the officers
who will be vested with running the league next year, I believe we have decided
on John V as Treasurer, Joe Ireland as Scorekeeper, me as President, and no one
yet as Secretary. I'm sure we can make our own decisions as to what means we
use to communicate among them, with whatever name we wish to give the group.
But do we need to decide all this now? Can we talk next week?
BTW, Joe, I should have asked you if you would be the scorekeeper next year,
but I have been out of town for th elast two weeks. We can talk after I get
back (tomorrow) about what it entails and I will show you the spreadsheet that
is used. I hope you will be using a Widows machine and not a Mac.
Declan