[ineptgolfers] Re: Bash format

  • From: John Varela <johnvarela@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ineptgolfers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ineptgolfers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:43:14 -0400

I see Jack is playing both days. That’s really unfair to the three other
players who draw him as a partner. This is reasonably serious prize money.

My suggestion is that his score should not count and that the group that
includes him should be treated in the same way we treat any other three-player
group. And the players who get him should be informed EARLY that this is how it
will be done. (If it’s already planned to do that then I apologize for wasting
your time.)

If this is done, should he share in the prize money? My inclination is NO, but
only if he can be prevented from understanding what’s going on. This may sound
awful, but even if he hears an announcement that he’s won $X in pro shop
credit, it may not matter because he won’t remember it. It should probably be
explained to Diane what we’re doing and why. Maybe we should get her OK in
advance.

There’s also a little problem of how scores and prizes will be posted in the
breezeway. Maybe they shouldn’t be posted.

If this is done and works well, we could do the same whenever he plays as an
alternate during the season.

        John