[ilug-cal-website] Re: [Ilug-cal-discuss] CMT Administration Rules

  • From: "Anirban Biswas" <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 01:46:05 +0530

Hi all

It seems that Soumyadip is not happy with the rules and regulation of
ilug-cal.info so let me expain a little

    As all we believe is software freedom so do not like restrictions
so he suggested the publucation rugths should be given to all user but
it will create caous. Even in free software development there are some
restrictions so exmaple look in the kernel developement or GUN
porjects, they all accept codes from any one but the code may not be
added in the main code base with out any examinations

   In most of the free software projects any one have access to the
cvs but they can only do the check out not commit. Now say new
developer do a check out and modified it and added some new feature,
he then submit it as diff to the main developer or the devloper group,
who exmaines his code and decided if it is okay. if so it get added.

    Now if this developer submit this kind of good code regularly and
build a trust then the developer gruop creates a cvs account and can
commit the codes with out others approval

   We will try to do the same by a poll at firest we deceided a gropu
members of CMT (only if the most of the people have problem with the
current CMT group). Now any one can send his / her writting to thid
group so that the work can be verified.

   Now if he continues to do good work the team will give his the
premission for publishing.

    If we give publishing rigth to every one we will very soon start
getting spams or bad content, so in my view a group to review the
published very necessary.

Anirban Biswas.