[ilug-cal-website] Re: [Ilug-cal-discuss] CMT Administration Rules

  • From: "Soumyadip Modak" <soumyadip.modak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:19:07 +0530

On 9/2/06, Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Soumyadip, I had seen your email address in the TO section of the email sent
by A. Mani, and all of us I think had confirmed our roles, except you.

Hm, so I must've missed that mail. Anyway, since I've not confirmed my role, and have subsequently indicated my desire not to be involved with this effort, please do not involve me in any future proposals. I wish the present team all the best in their efforts.

Mani, Wiki was proposed by me (and I think Sankarshan had also suggested
it). AFAIK Soumyadip never suggested anything directly, but I remember him
once writing that he wanted something which is more open to contributions from
everyone. Especially in response to Mani's spec, which still haven't been
accepted by the admins or ilug-cal. AFAIK, the specs are just a proposal now.

My demand for more open content submission and publishing rights still stand. I think Surendra is the best person to clear up issues here. Who does what, and in what capacity is something that is hardly clear from the discussions going on.

CMT? Even I am in dark about it. I think the admins are the only CMT team, or
whatever.

This doesn't look good. :) As far as I remember, it included a whole lot of people including Indranil Das Gupta, Sayamindu Dasgupta and Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, who are notably absent from the Admin team for ilug-cal.info. Mani is the best person to clarify the issue, since the team is his brainchild.

And if you are thinking of the post by Mani long back, AFAIK then no one
accepted that and please it wasn't a _combined_ decision; it was only his
proposal.

I'm under the impression that currently the content submission and posting rights at ilug-cal.info are operating under the auspices of the Content Management Team. Please clarify the issue.

Mani, while writing emails and ideas please don't sound as you are speaking
for the entire admin team. Thanks.

:) Well here's a suggestion to the Admin team: do have a chat amongst yourselves before stating or posting anything publicly on behalf of the Admin team.

Regards,

Thanks for clarifying a lot of issues Surendra.

--
Soumyadip Modak
soumyadip.modak@xxxxxxxxx