[ilug-cal-website] Re: [Ilug-cal-discuss] CMT Administration Rules

  • From: "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 23:08:10 +0530

On Saturday 02 Sep 2006 22:19, Soumyadip Modak wrote:
<snip>
> Hm, so I must've missed that mail. Anyway, since I've not confirmed my
> role, and have subsequently indicated my desire not to be involved
> with this effort, please do not involve me in any future proposals. I
> wish the present team all the best in their efforts
?
<snip>
> My demand for more open content submission and publishing rights still
> stand. I think Surendra is the best person to clear up issues here.
> Who does what, and in what capacity is something that is hardly clear
> from the discussions going on.
I have answered that before.
The role of the different members is developing and  there is a preliminary
assignment of responsibilities.

> > CMT? Even I am in dark about it. I think the admins are the only CMT
> > team, or whatever.
>
> This doesn't look good. :) As far as I remember, it included a whole
> lot of people including Indranil Das Gupta, Sayamindu Dasgupta and
> Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, who are notably absent from the Admin team
> for ilug-cal.info. Mani is the best person to clarify the issue, since
> the team is his brainchild.

I have explained it in the other mail (the same team + Nirmalya). The others
(idg, sdg and sm) are busy with other things... but sm is very active.

> I'm under the impression that currently the content submission and
> posting rights at ilug-cal.info are operating under the auspices of
> the Content Management Team. Please clarify the issue.

The CMT monitors submitted content (light review)... we already have had
problems with unedited content. The wiki is allowed for all members.

Finally developing good specs is vitally important for easy administration and
work flow.

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc