[PCB_FORUM] Re: user's preferences

  • From: "Drew" <drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:44:50 -0700

Hello,

The previous replies are things that are worth considering if you want
to save a lot of time.  However, I believe that Allegro is not finding
the env file created by modifying your user preferences, or something
like that.

Try this...
Start Allegro with a BRD file that contains the preferences you want.
In the 'User Preferences' window under 'Ui_paths' there is a
preference called 'prfeditpath'.  Click the 'Expand' check box.  There
should be three paths.  The first is design specific, the second is
user specific, and the third is application or Allegro specific; do
not directly alter the env file located in a sub-directory of the
Cadence (Allegro specific) installation directory.  NOTE: You should
also be able to find these paths by typing "set" at the Allegro
command line and looking for "prfeditpath" in the window that pops up.
You are looking for the first "configure/prfedit" path containing the
env file that works for you.  If you are always going to use the same
basic settings, copy this file to the user specific
"configure/prfedit" path.  I believe the user path for Allegro is
controlled by the 'HOME' variable in your operating system's
environment.  Customer specific settings must be copied to each
"configure/prfedit" sub-directory located in the directory of the
related design or BRD file.

If none of this works, I apologize for wasting your time.

Cheers!
Drew