[PCB_FORUM] Re: ref des problem while merging portions of multiple schematics (Concept)

  • From: "Davies, Charles (cdavies)" <cdavies@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:05:55 -0500

Mark,

Instead of using the ref des to force the assignment of multi-gate
components, consider using the GROUP property.  Components with like
values will be assigned to the same package, irregardless of the ref
des, as long as the ref des is soft.

Also, if you are reusing elements of other designs in new designs, you
might want to consider looking at using hierarchical schematics and
additionally, if appropriate, the design reuse capability.  These are
particularly well suited to this type of problem, but will require a bit
of advanced planning.

Regards,
Charlie
321.727.6235