[PCB_FORUM] Re: positive dynamic gnd/pwr planes in 15.2

  • From: Don.Kost@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 06:55:48 -0400

As with anything there are good points and bad points.
The good points include the ability change thermal connection width individually instead of globally, WYSIWYG and clearances on planes that follow the spacing constraints.
The bad points include the increase in the size of your design. My last design almost doubled to 45 Meg!
Overall, I agree with Kevin and Dave, that you should look into all the added benefits. I use the oversize field in the global shape setup and have not had any problems.
Don ...........................

Inactive hide details for "Dave Mattice" <DMattice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Dave Mattice" <DMattice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          "Dave Mattice" <DMattice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          05/04/2005 05:01 PM

          Please respond to
          icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[PCB_FORUM] Re: positive dynamic gnd/pwr planes in 15.2

I agree with Kevin regarding positive planes.
Please look into the properties that can be added
To pins for clearances and thermal connections
Before deciding. I would never go back to negative
Planes.