[PCB_FORUM] Re: pastemask reliefs over shapes

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:14:04 -0700

The pins idea gets real old when you have a chip with a large slug in the
center and you really need a bunch of small shapes to control the amount of
solder paste deposited in that area.  If we add enough paste to totally cover
the entire slug, the chip will "float."  So we use another subclass and add
hole patterns to lay down paste.  Works very well.