[PCB_FORUM] Re: Update Symbol Text HDL 16.2

  • From: "Bolman, Shirley H" <shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:42:26 -0700

Ah, that is where I am wrong... I don't use Part Developer(?) and am still
using 15.7 so haven't
had the pleasure(pain?) of V16 for library symbols.

Shirley in Oregon

It is a PRIVILEGE to be born free.
    It is a RIGHT to live free.
        It is a DUTY to die free.
________________________________
From: shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:00:11 -0700
Are you sure you descended into the library symbol, moved the text (this is
only dumb text and not a property), saved
and ascended back out. That will change the part for every instance on the
schematic but again as someone said closing
the schematic and opening it again may have to be done.

I am not sure that you can change a individual instance of a part on a
schematic without changing the library symbol itself.
But I have been known to not know everything.