[PCB_FORUM] Re: Unfill shape

  • From: "Carrow, Dennis" <dcarrow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:32:20 -0500

Thanks Barbara I'll try that out.

-----Original Message-----
From: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barbara Seeger
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:55 AM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Unfill shape

Hi,

I've got a work around....

You could export sudrawing, then edit the file.

Change just this record where you remove Open and change t to nil:

_clp_dbid = _clpDBCreateOpenShape(_clp_path  t "PACKAGE GEOMETRY/ASSEMBLY_TOP"
nil _clp_sym)

_clp_dbid = _clpDBCreateShape(_clp_path  nil "PACKAGE GEOMETRY/ASSEMBLY_TOP"
nil _clp_sym)

Also - delete this line that follows the shape data

_clp_dbid = _clpDBCreateCloseShape(_clp_dbid)

That should help if you need to keep a complex shape geometry.

-Barbara Seeger

know, but...

> Chris

RMB on it to Change Shape Type, I get the message in the command line
"...Change shape type not allowed for non etch shapes".

> Basically, "Permission Denied"!
>
> It doesn't make sense, since you can create either a filled or unfilled shape
> on a non-etch layer.
>
> I'm afraid you might just have to recreate it as unfilled.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary MacIndoe
> Senior PCB Layout Designer
> Contract - Kelly Services
> Covidien
> EbD R&D
> 5920 Longbow Drive
> Boulder, CO 80301
>
> 303.476.7458
> www.covidien.com

GEOMETRY/ASSEMBLY TOP shapes and I'd prefer they not be. I'm using Allegro
16.3.  Thanks! -DC

Barbara Seeger  |   PV Engineer

P: 978.262.6578   www.cadence.com<http://www.cadence.com>