[PCB_FORUM] Re: Gerber RS274X Question

  • From: Barbara Seeger <blm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:56:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

 The vector based pad behavior switch and the drawing of segmented arcs
 are 2 different issues. Just to be clear -

 Segmented arcs seen when using curved traces or ion processing shape
 voids in artwork output are vectorized for gerber 6x00 which does
 not support arc commands.

 If using gerber 4x00  the arcs draw as true arcs.

 If using raster artwork (274X) arcs are also true arcs. And here the
 vector based pad behavior is important to be ON to be consistent with
 the gerber outputs.

   If set to Off, the output will be a composite of the regular pad and
   the antipad. This is available for those customers who desire a donut
   pad on negative planes and who have verified all padstacks for
   correctness. (With the switch off, if antipad is not larger than the
   regular pad, a short to the plane  will occur, and the photoplot log
   will warn of this condition.)