[PCB_FORUM] Re: DesignTools - New Release

  • From: J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 03:45:49 -0800

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:35:02 -0800, J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>It should be fixable... (famous last words ;-)

Due to the user request from Andrew Riley, support has been added (and
tested) for Allegro PSD 14.2 version. This required very little work and
prompted me to make some needed extensions of the installer/uninstaller
code to accommodate the older versions as well as different products
(i.e. librarian, APD, etc.). Though PSD 15.0 and 15.1 have not actually
been tested, I've been through their documentation and made the
adjustments needed for these particular versions so they should also
work just fine.

Without knowing Cadence internal roadmaps, there is no way of knowing
how long I can cleanly maintain support for older versions. In general,
having a ton of versions/system checks to branch your code is a not a
good idea over the long haul. A few are tolerable but having a lot make
the code base less robust.

Also, the older versions increase the amount of time it takes to
properly test releases. If people want to help with testing, it would be
much appreciated.

kind regards,
jcr

p.s. Drew, If possible, please sign up for the DesignTools mailing lists
since using this mail list or the cdnusers.org site as the project
support forum may eventually annoy the moderators. ;-)

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org