[PCB_FORUM] Re: DesignTools - New Release

  • From: J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:35:02 -0800

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:20:41 -0800, "Andrew W. Riley III"
<drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>JC,
>
>v14.2 WinXP.  I can't remember the last service pack I was able to get, which
>believe means v14.x W2K or better though it sounds like its not relevant at
>the
>moment.
>
>Cheers!
>Drew

Thanks Drew.

I'm looking into it.

So far I've found a handful of small issues with 15.0 and earlier.

The tough part is these earlier versions use completely different idea
behind how to handle menu files. The different cadence licenses (expert,
designer, librarian, etc) actually use different menu files for allegro
which wreaks havoc on my installer.

It should be fixable... (famous last words ;-)

jcr

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org