[PCB_FORUM] Re: DesignTools - New Release

  • From: J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:39:52 -0800

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 12:12:51 -0800, "Andrew W. Riley III"
<drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>JC,
>
>Excellent work.
>Is this or any of the other tools on www.DesignTools.org version specific?
>Please keep it up.
>
>Cheers!
>Drew

Of the top of my head, the axlDebug() function (released in 15.2) is
possibly the only thing that keeps the programs from running on earlier
SPB versions. This particular function is only used for my own personal
debugging, so it can easily be removed (and probably should be).

The code is mostly version agnostic and it already contains work-arounds
allowing it to run on 14.x but since I'm only testing SPB versions 15.2
and 15.5 (and hopefully soon 15.5.1) on multiple platforms (winNT4,
Win2K, WinXP, Solaris8, ...), it's better that I don't make any
grandiose claims. ;-)

If you can tell me the particular SPB version you want tested, it might
be trivial to add/ensure support.

kind regards,
jcr

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org