[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro acting weird

  • From: fxf <fxf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:50:09 -0400

See if you /tmp is full ( df /tmp)

george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Y'all:
I have a couple users having problems with Allegro, and it's got me stumped. I am hoping somebody has seen this before. The original symptom was that Allegro crashes when the user attempts to measure anything. A confirmer window pops that says *"Failed to open file '/tmp/#Taaaaab03348.tmp' *(the number is different when Allegro is shut down but the same as long as you don't shut down). I did all the usual: cleared out the temp directory, verified that environment variables were correct, looked at the env file, waved my sacred rattle around. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the same as all the other users around here.
Then it got weird.
I tried to look at the environment by typing "set" in the Allegro command line, nothing happened (no window with all the environment variables). I tried to look at the Design Paths in the Setup>User Preferences form, some of the browse buttons looked like text boxes, and if I clicked any of them they couldn't find the variable and popped the now familiar warning about the *"Failed to open file '/tmp/#Taaaaab03348.tmp'*. PLEASE tell me somebody has seen this and has an easy fix. I am digging around for my windows XP CDROM 'cause I have a sinking feeling that the OS has gone bye-bye and the user is _not_ going to be happy. :(
--
George Patrick
*Tektronix, Inc.*

P.O. Box 500, M/S 39-512
Beaverton, OR 97077-0001
A* 503-627-5272 (voice) ? 503-627-5587 (fax)
http://www.tektronix.com <http://www.tektronix.com/> http://www.pcb-designer.com <http://www.pcb-designer.com/>

/*"Off-Grid and Proud of it!"*/