[PCB_FORUM] Re: 0.5 mm BGA, whew!

  • From: "richard moffat" <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:53:38 +1300

Hi

Just out of interest, what was the field solver / calculator you used
for this?

>>> Blake.Moore@xxxxxxxxxx 3/11/2004 10:24:22 a.m. >>>
Feed back info on this question was good, also consider how you would
connect pin to pin if pwr is on an outer layer?
You wouldn't want the pwr on the outer top or bottom, because then it
would limit your ability to run etch for the pin to pin net
connections.

10 layer Stack-up                            Line/Space

Signal--        Top layer 50 ohms single ended = 19 mils
Top layer 100 ohms differential = 15 mils / 15 mils

Plane------------GND----------------------------

Signal--        Inner Layer 50 ohms single ended = 10 mils
Inner layer 100 ohms differential = 10 mils / 20 mils

Signal--        Inner Layer 50 ohms single ended = 10 mils
Inner layer 100 ohms differential = 10 mils / 20 mils

Signal--        Bottom layer 50 ohms single ended = 19 mils
Bottom layer 100 ohms differential = 15 mils / 15 mils