[PCB_FORUM] Re: 0.5 mm BGA, whew!

  • From: "Budathoki, Trilok (GE Consumer & Industrial)" <trilok.budathoki@xxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:55:05 +0530

Natalie,

I want to know if you have have any problem from manufacturing dept.
Sometime back,we did created a BGA matrix (37 * 37) with microvias in pads,
unfortunately we couldn't make it as manufacuting dept found problems doing
prototype.
The reason, reduced solder area for BGA. This was confirmed after viewing X ray
film of Board (done at Singapore).
It's interesting topic & would like to hear from all experienced folks in
design, manufacturing & Signal Integrity.

Trilok Budathoki
GE- India Business Centre