Re: [icon-users] RISC OS file type for docx

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:15:58 +0200

In message <0453188c52.ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <528a0d8441cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <0096078a52.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 3 May 2012 ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> The best way to ensure you get the right MimeMap file is to access it
>>> via Apps > !Configure > Network > MimeMap (or Task > Configure... etc
>>> or HardDisc4 > !Boot etc).

>> If you then close that file so as to open its source directory (adjust click
>> on the close icon in my case) you should find the directory it's stored in,
>> just for future reference.

>> Mine, on RiscPC 700  Adjust 4.39, is in

>> IDEFS::h4.$.!BOOT.Choices.Default.Internet.Files

>      On my Iyonix I don't have a file !Configure` in Apps or a
>      file `Default` in !BOOT.Choices.

Yes, the above does not apply to RISC OS 5. To change your system
configuration on an Iyonix you need to either double-click on !Boot or
click Menu over the Iyonix icon to display the Task menu. There, you
will find Configure... However, this is not relevant in this context
because RISC OS 5 system configuration does not give you access to the
MimeMap. You need to locate the MimeMap file manually inside !Boot.
You will find it at !Boot.Resources.!Internet.files.MimeMap

Martin